Consignor Information & Store Policies
BECOMING A CONSIGNOR IS EASY:
1. Select only your better name brand designer labels. Ask yourself, “Is this item current, fashionable and in excellent condition?” Garments no older than two years sell best.
2. Select only items that are in season. Regretfully, we do not have space to store out of season clothing. Please refer to the following schedule as a guideline:
End of Feb/March – May: Spring & Summer
Beginning of Aug/Sept – November: Fall & Winter
Limit of 25 hanging items per visit *subject to change
5 pairs of shoes and purses per visit *shoes should be clean and in good condition.
All items must have labels. This includes purses and shoes.
3. Check your garments for holes, tears, missing buttons, and hooks. Carefully check for stains, especially under collar and sleeve areas. Stains that might not be visible at home really show up under our bright fluorescent store lights, so please do not be offended if we must reject an item because of stains.
4. Clean and press/steam garments before bringing them in to ensure they are wrinkle free. If we have to clean or repair any garments to prepare them for the sales floor, there will be a charge for doing so. Steam - $1.75 per piece, Cleaning - $3.00 per piece, Spot cleaning - $1.25 per piece, Repair prices vary.
5 Hang each garment on its own hanger. We can return your hangers. Boxed, bagged, or wrinkled clothing will not be accepted. 6. Jewelry must be clean and organized, earrings in excellent condition with backs!
7. Most items will be taken on a 50%- 50% consignment for a period of 90 days. Periodic markdowns are 30, 60, 90 days. Formal wear selling over $200 will be split 60% - 40% your favor. Checks are mailed by the 10th of each month (of $75 or more) or you can come by the store Tuesday thru Saturday between the hours of 10am – 5:30 for payment.
We realize that these steps require a little effort, but we think you will see the results. Thank you for your cooperation. Your consignment is important to us – help us do the best we can for you. It’s a team effort!
Consignments are being accepted by appointment only and scheduled on Mondays. Business hours are Tuesday thru Friday 10am – 6pm and Saturday 10am –5pm. Call 910-491-3682 to book your appointment now.